Service Groups have an important role in assisting local citizens with tasks that can
be better handled on a more personal basis.
|Community members usually know more about what is really going on.|
|Volunteers often have equipment and resources available during a crisis or disaster on a
|Community members are familiar with roads, boundaries, terrain, etc.|
Community Emergency Response Team
- The Community Emergency Response Team program, know as
CERT, is now active in Lucerne Valley. We invite your group or a volunteer representative
from your group, or individual to take action by signing-up for CERT training.
- Citizens On Patrol (COPs)
- Volunteers patrol potential trouble spots and observe, keeping law enforcement informed.
Members assist in keeping traffic and crowd control in order during special events.
- Search and Rescue
- Local members work closely with law enforcement to locate lost hikers, riders and
drivers as well as spotting crashed aircraft.
- Trained volunteers connect those in need with food, shelter and assistance from law
- Meals on Wheels Program
- Volunteers help elderly or disabled community members by bringing nourishing meals to
those not able to provide for themselves.
- Good Neighbors
- Assisting those individual with special needs.
- Lucerne Valley Lions
- Operates a local shooting range and teaches proper gun safety, maintenance and
- VFW post
- Helping local veterans with access to information regarding available veteran's
- L.V. Roadrunners
- Auxiliary group providing many varied services to this community.